Subject: Re: repeating concentric circles...a puzzle...
From: [email-masked] (Alan Chan )
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 10:58:12 -0500

You wrote: 

>> Have you tried the Ripples texture yet? Fair distance for 
wavelength, 
>> one wave source with texture center of the disc, and high Band 
>> Sharpness.
 >
>Assuming he wanted a color texture map of the concentric circles, how 
>would one go about this with ripples bump map?  I was surprised to 
find 
>the ripples texture not available under the other texture buttons in 
3.5.

The ripples map is called different things in different surface texture 
channels, but is essentially the same thing. If you map a texture on 
your object, you can either use a ripple texture on the Diff or 
Transparency channel. Set the surface value (on the main surfaces 
panel) to 0% and the value in the Texture panel to 100% (flip the 
values for Transparency). The ripple texture will be between these two 
values...

AC